SOMA - Instructional Coordinator
The SOMA instructional coordinator works in collaboration with administrators, course directors, and community campus faculty. The position facilitates academic and clinical curriculum development, work as part of a team to monitor student progress, post material on course management systems, course management software. Monitor and track data in clinical software as assigned. Assist faculty, staff, external consultants, and visiting lectures as appropriate in the production, implementation, and assessment of project programming and materials.
- Work collaboratively with SOMA Administration, Course Directors, and Community Campus
- Facilitate didactic and clinical curriculum development, work as part of a team to monitor student progress, post material on course management systems, course management software
- Tracking of data in clinical tracking software as assigned.
- Provide assistance to faculty, staff, external consultants, and guest faculty as appropriate in the production, implementation, and assessment of project programming and materials
- Facilitate the creation and delivery of the didactic curriculum for third and fourth year medical students
- Monitor and post material on course management systems and clinical tracking systems.
- Provide as needed assistance to both curriculum and clinical coordinators
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Deans
Skills / Requirements
Excellent software knowledge/capability( Microsoft office).Familiarity with higher education/academic medicine is beneficial. Experience with data tracking/assessment and project management, proofreading and editing. Strong interpersonal communications, excellent written and oral communication skills, effective time management and organization skills, strong problem - solving and critical thinking skills.
Able to work independently and in a team environment, creative and critical thinker, a self starter, willing to work under pressure of deadlines on varied and diverse projects, shows initiative, is assertive yet tactful, resourceful and committed to assisting in the educational process.
Pay: from $17.73/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1780